Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Course
Register For Your One-Day NVCI Course
Whether it’s domestic or family violence, stranger violence, cultural violence, childhood aggression, workplace harassment, mental illness or disorder, sexual assault, or dealing with a bully, a non-violent response can de-escalate a situation that could become dangerous for the individual or the person responding and trying to find a peaceful outcome.
We have been offering this training for more than 10 years to thousands of people. Some of our customers include community colleges, daycares, law enforcement, healthcare workers, teachers, EA and EPAs, private businesses, transition workers and many more.
Our objective is to provide you with tools that can help you manage those who may be potentially violent either verbally or physically. We will discuss well-tested techniques that may help you become more confident, calm, consistent and successful when interacting with potentially violent individuals.
- Introduction to Nonviolence – Historic Perspectives
- Motivational Interviewing – Resolving A Potential Crisis
- Understanding Acting Out vs. Acting Up – Maintaining A Rapport
- Understanding the Development of Escalation:
- Anxiety, Defensiveness, Acting Out, Cool Down & Self Control
- Anger Management Tips – Understanding & Appropriate Responses To Behaviours That Can Lead To Escalation
- Verbal & Nonverbal Communication
- Active Listening
- Voice Control
- Risk Levels
- Proxemics & Personal Space
- Cause & Effects Of Violence
- Non-aversive Safety Skills – Avoiding Injury During Physical Escalation
- Crisis Incident Stress Debriefing – Debriefing & Coping With Anxiety
- Due Diligence & Documentation
Please choose a day that works best for you and fill in the registration form in full in order to receive your certification.
Courses are held in the Bedford/Sackville Area.
We will send you an email closer to the date of your course with specific location information.
For more information or if you have any questions please get in touch with us at in**@cs*******.ca
PLEASE NOTE: This course requires a minimum of 6 people to run. If the minimum number of students is not reached the course may be rescheduled.
James Whitehead is the owner and CEO of Complete Safety Training. He has over 25 years in the Safety business, training and maintaining up-to-date safety standards in various fields including first aid, lifesaving and WHIMIS.
James has a practical, risk assessment approach to safety and is passionate about seeing people learn in a way that works best for them.
James is a Master Instructor Trainer and an Instructor Trainer in:
- Emergency Medical Responder
- Non Violence Crisis Intervention
- Mental Health First Aid
- Fall Protection
- Confined Space Awareness
- Fire and Safety Awareness
- Incident and Accident Investigation
- Hazard Assessment
- Marine Advanced First Aid
- CPR HCP and AED
- Due Diligence
- OHS Act
James is also an active volunteer in the community and a father of three young children.
Leaders In First Aid & Safety Training Since 1995
Complete Safety Training was founded in 1995 by Rick Courtney and has a long history of providing professional first aid and safety training.
Over the years, we have carefully selected a group of trainers from the world of education, psychology, construction and emergency medical response who bring with them hands-on experience in all the topics they teach.
We take our professional responsibility seriously as safety providers to give you the best training possible. All of our courses are backed by years of research, experience and proven teaching practices.
We are proud to continue our role as industry leaders and trendsetters in demonstrating our steadfast commitment to our community to make it a safer place to live, work and play.